Makes 15-20 | Prep 15 Mins (plus soaking, chilling)
- 1 cup fresh dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Kapai Puku Tribal Blend
- 1 cup Roasted nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, brazil nuts etc
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for 15 mins then drain, reserving the liquid.
- Place Kapai Puku Tribal Blend in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water. Soak for 15 mins then drain.
- Add nuts and Kapai Puku Tribal Blend to a food process and process until a rough crumb forms. Add almond meal, dates, coconut, cacao powder, oil, vanilla extract and orange rind.
- Blend until well combined and mixture binds together. If still crumbly add some of the reserved liquid from the dates.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Roll balls in extra coconut or cacao, coating well.
- Transfer to a tray or plate lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 20 mins.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- For another coating option try ground Kapai Puku Tribal Blend.