- 1 Cup of Kapai Puku – “Tropical Blend”
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut (Sulphur Dioxide Free)
- ½ Cup Fine Cacao Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda (Aluminium Free)
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ¾ Cup Agave Syrup (more depending upon how sweet you like it! Keeping in mind to reduce the water content to compensate!)
- 1 & ½ Cups Water
- 400ml of Coconut Milk
- Preheat Oven to 140 degrees.
- Stir the Mix of Dry Ingredients together into a Separate Bowl.
- In another bowl, Blend Wet Ingredients together.
- Spoon both Wet and Dry Ingredients together into the one bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Lightly grease Round Cake Tin (20 x 20cm) with Coconut Oil and spoon in mixture.
- Cook in convention oven for 2 Hours at 140 degrees (or until cooked in centre). As it’s quite a dense cake cooking on a low temperature will ensure the cake is cooked through evenly. Cover cake tin if top of cake is overcooking.
- Allow to cool before add Chocolate Frosting.
- 10 Fresh Dates Diced
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 5 Tablespoons Fine Cacao Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Cream
- Either Soak Dates overnight or add boiling water to Dates and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
Blend Dates, Avocado, Cacao Powder and Coconut Cream until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Lavishly spread Frosting over the entire cake and optionally add edible flowers for decoration.
- Keep refrigerated.